My name is Kevin Do.
I live in San Francisco and work at Asana.
My academic interests include software engineering, robotics, microeconomics, business strategy, and urban planning.
I am semi-interested in fitness. I once competed in a powerlifting contest, but now I just work out for fun. I also like to bike around, although biking near cars is pretty scary.
I am really excited about the recent trends towards self-driving cars, walkable/bikable cities, and better public transit.
For fun, I like to read biographies on Wikipedia, and my favorite TV shows are The Wire, The West Wing, and Game of Thrones.
Let's talk! My email address is <kevin.kydat.do |at| gmail.com>.
Things I've done
- Integrated robotics system for the Amazon Picking Challenge (video, code), with Hayden Bader, Hanyu Fu, William Kim, Chenyu Li, Loukianos Varsamis, and Yi Zheng
- Controller for a simulated robot arm (video, code, writeup)
- (Mildly optimizing) compiler (code), with Cody Lieu and Jordan Ly
- Relational algebra interpreter (demo, code)
- Approximate Nearest-Neighbor Search and Rapidly-Exploring Random Trees (pdf)
- Rapidly-exploring random tree visualization (demo)
- Four archived USAPL Georgia state records in the Teen (18-19) division (records)
- Squat PR: 5 x 285 lbs
- Deadlift PR: 5 x 300 lbs
- Bench press PR: 5 x 185 lbs
- Overhead press PR: 5 x 115 lbs
- The kinesin-13 KLP10A motor regulates oocyte spindle length and affects EB1 binding without altering microtubule growth rates (PubMed), with Kim Liên Hoàng and Sharyn Endow
- Genetic Validation of the TsNcd Construct (pdf)
Art and Design
- Sometimes, when I concentrate, I can type at 150 wpm.
- I once mispronounced "Lagrangian" so that it rhymed with "Bayesian".